Daniela is an educated media strategist, culturepreneur, futurologist and founder of Cows in Jackets.
Her experience and global research in the field of ambient media since 1997 has developed into a global research project, a documentary film, conference lectures, academic assignments and a large network of thought leaders in the communications industry. It also opened doors to other fields and since 2010, she has been studying future city developments, with a focus on ‘city identities’, ‘urban brand experiences’ and ‘urban play’. Her involvement in think tanks and trend research communities, her fellowship at the Royal Society of Arts in London and her engagement in bridging the gap between city municipalities, brands and the contemporary cultural disciplines have resulted in working with architects, artists, designers and futurologists. Her ambition in this field aims at composing processes and methods to engage citizens with urban spaces and within communities. Daniela’s pioneer attitude and her love for urban aesthetics, civic innovation and the mission to create societal change aims at a triangular win for the economy, culture and governance of smart nations.
– Alumnus of THNK.org, Amsterdam School of Creative Leadership (MBA)
– Founder and CEO of COWS IN JACKETS, a think tank for urban experiences.
– President of the Austrian Association of Ambient Media
– RSA Connector and Austrian Ambassador for the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce in London
– Chief Innovation Officer at public space media company EPAMEDIA in A & CEE
– Managing Director of Magic Moments, the creative unit of MediaCom Vienna
– Strategic Management and Media Director at MediaCom Vienna – MediaCom International/London – MediaCom Mexico – MediaCompany Zurich
– Co-founder CitiesNext.com – creative think tank for urban challenges
Expertise: Creative direction of urban challenges – Strategic Communications Management – Building intercreative ties between creative industries and other industries – Co-creation of urban trends – Development of future studies – Urban play theories & practical implementation – Public space design – Ambient Media 360°